David Garrison’s talks at the Hope for Muslims UK tour were inspirational.
But they were intended to cause a ripple effect and impact people far beyond initial audiences.
Here are five points to remember, pass on and use to inspire more prayer among believers.
1) ISLAM IS DIVERSE: Although the five pillars of Islam are practised throughout the Islamic world, the way the religion is expressed varies across regions. There are nine distinct cultural rooms in the House of Islam including North Africa (Morocco to Sudan) and the Arab world (Egypt, Levant and the Arabian Peninsula).
2) A TIME OF SPIRITUAL BREAKTHROUGH: Church history records centuries of drought in terms of Muslim communities turning to Christ. The only two noticeable movements occurred in Indonesia and Ethiopia in the nineteenth century. Since 2000, we have seen sixty-nine movements (and counting). We are truly living in an unprecedented time.
3) ROBUST RESEARCH: Garrison’s approach was methodical and consistent in his analysis. He spent two-and-a-half years assembling the data and used precise definitions. He only explored a movement once it reached a threshold of at least 1,000 baptised believers from Muslim backgrounds in two decades within a particular people group.
4) PRAYER IS ESSENTIAL: 84% of known Muslim movements to Christ have taken place in the last twenty-two years, which corresponds with the growth of a global Christian prayer movement during Ramadan (http://pray30days.org**). It is no coincidence. Prayer is a vital component and continues to play a role in God’s sovereign purposes.
5) THERE’S STILL WORK TO BE DONE: Although the stats are encouraging, there are still millions yet to hear of Christ’s love for them. Garrison’s research also highlights that the Arab world remains the toughest room in terms of spiritual progress, a region we’re committed to intercede for.
**AWM is not responsible for the content of external sites.
IMAGE CREDIT: map is courtesy of author’s Wind in the House of Islam website.
Witnessing, discipling, media ministries & church-planting. We're passionate about initiating church-planting movements among the unreached in the Arab world.
Our brand new online magazine is here!
Want to hear more about what God is doing in the Arab world? Sign up to Link Digital to receive exciting updates straight to your inbox. We'll email you every quarter!
Interested? Sign up now 👉 https://www.awm-pioneers.org/sign-up-to-link-digital/
For Arabs, turning to Christ can be incredibly dangerous. In this inspiring book, Tom and Joann Doyle tell the stories of seven women who become 'secret agents for Jesus in the Muslim world.'
Read our review of this book and order your own copy here: https://www.awm-pioneers.org/2022/01/book-review-women-who-risk
📣Just one more week to apply! 📈
We're looking for a new Finance and Operations Manager to join our office team supporting mission to people of the Arab world! Could it be you or someone you know?
Are you gifted in finance, able to manage people and processes, and have a passion for serving God? 👩💼🧑💻
We're looking for our new Finance and Operations Manager to join the team! Could it be you or someone you know?